Saturday, May 14, 2011

How To Eat Spaghetti and Morph into a Baby

My nephew turned three weeks last Wednesday (5/11). Al and I offered to take them dinner to help make things a little easier (although they are doing fabulously)! I knew I wanted to make a spaghetti dish with grape tomatoes that I had used before in Everyday Food. So, I headed to the website and this was what I found. I followed the recipe to a T with the exception of using half whole wheat spaghetti and layering sliced, fresh mozzarella on top. It ended up being a light, summery spaghetti that made me smell like garlic for the next two days (I think the smell has finally left the body). At least it tasted good!

While we were sitting down to dinner, I looked over at the new little guy and noticed that he had started to look like a human. I know that sounds bad, but please don't take it that way. I said (out loud), "He's starting to look more like a human." My sister agreed. Relief on my end for just saying that my nephew looked a little alien-esque. And it's not just him, it's all newborns. They are wet, shiny, and haven't developed many features. Chance is really starting to grow into his features and the handsome little man he will be. I'm so glad and fortunate to be able to see him so often and experience his morphism from alien-baby to human-baby! I can't wait until we reach dinosaur-twos, mutant-teenager, and eventually, man-man. 

To all you aunts and uncles out there, live it up and visit often. These little guys and girls are often-changing and it's easy to miss something so big! I sure do love mine and wouldn't want to miss a thing! 

Happy Aunting and Uncling!
--Am

PS - Sorry there are no pictures…I'm terrible about taking my camera with me!  

2 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! Because as the mother, I totally agree that he is starting to look more and more like a human everyday. Amber is a wonderful Auntie and we all look forward to the future together including the dinosaur-twos (t-rex), mutant-teenager, and eventually, man-man. Love you Amber!
    P.S. The spaghetti dinner was really good. Loved the shrimp and the fresh mozarella!!

    - Emily

    ReplyDelete