Wednesday, November 2, 2011

How To Hate Maternity Pants

I tried the rubberband trick. I tried just wearing the pants too tight for my own good. I tried wearing my fat pants. But I've now gotten to the point where I must wear maternity pants in order to be any kind of comfortable. And boy do I hate them!

They have this band that comes up to my boobs and the actual pant part is so low-cut that I am forced to wear long shirts. The longer shirts in turn, cut off my legs and make me look short and frumpy. The part that covers my stomach irritates the crap out of my skin, so all I do is itch it all day long. Seriously, I just stand and itch my growing belly. I can't win with these pants! Am I the only one with these problems? Answer: Most likely cause I'm weird!

Fortunately, I have found one pair of work maternity pants that are lower rise (thank you Motherhood Maternity) and one pair that has a flexible waist (Meijer) thanks to my Mom. Both of these are very attractive and hit at my hips or just below. Love them! Now if only I could find some jeans that are like that as well. Hmmmm.

Here are some of my belly pics:

4 weeks--when we found out!! i was skinny!

12 weeks

16 weeks (and yes that is a turtleneck)

20 weeks (i need to slow it down a bit)

Happy Pants Hunting and Belly Growing!
--Am

3 comments:

  1. Look at your BBBEEELLLLLYYYYY!!!! I love it!! You know you may dislike maternity pants but they become your friend afterwhile. I swear to myself and others that I may never get out of them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand the itching from the stupid pants. I hated them! For me it was my long legs that were part of the problem, I couldn't find pants long enough so i would have to pull them down which made the crotch droop even lower than they already did so I looked like I was trying to bring back MC Hammer pants, not too mention the long shirts needed to cover up the band that was down to my thighs. It was ridiculous! I wore more dresses than I ever have while pregnant because the pants were so ridiculous. I never did find a pair of jeans that i liked. The end of the day could not come quick enough when i could go home and put on comfy yoga pants. Have fun and try to enjoy it! As much as I hated the pants I still loved being pregnant. You're looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They really aren't so bad when they fit right, but I still prefer the ones with a dropped waist over the ones that come up to the boobs. I find myself in leggings and dresses, too. Or I wear I tank top under the boob-pants and my shirt over the boob-pants. It all works out in the end! :)

    ReplyDelete