Tuesday, January 4, 2011

How To Style Your Hair Like a Flock of Seagulls

You know when you go to your hairstylist and she styles your hair perfectly and in a way that you will never be able to replicate?  Last thursday, Andrea Heine-Donahue cut and styled my hair.  She's fabulous!  Not only is she super cool and fun to hang out with, but I trust her with my hair.  I love my hair and I don't trust easily, so that right there should tell you how awesome she is.  Anyway, this particular Thursday she had styled my short hair up and to the left in a sort of rockstar, hip way.  Lots of twists, product, and blowdrying it just right.

This morning as I woke up, I decided I wanted to wear my new mustard tights (thanks Em!) and these tights would require rockstar hair.  I start my routine: shower (in which it goes hair, face, body), remove earwax, remove eye make-up I didn't get in the shower (yes, I should wash my face at night, but I'm really lazy), put on toner (new step that I don't even know if it's doing anything), lotion body, get dressed, dry and style the hair, brush teeth, put on jewelry, apply make-up, lotion face, and spray on perfume.  And that's my morning routine.  I'm an accountant, so I never (ok, rarely) stray from the routine.  Oh but today was different.

I was taking forever to find an outfit for the mustard tights, so I decided to start on the hair so that it didn't dry out.  Shouldn't have strayed from the routine.  I started by blowdrying it at an angle.  It now looks like a skateboarding ramp.  It's ok, I can fix it with some twisting and product.  I grab the Aquage transforming paste and start with the molding and twisting.  Too fluffy under the ramp, so I put more paste there.  It looks a little better, but is not quite there.  Bright idea!  Put some hairspray on it…that fixes everything.  Everything except for this.  Shouldn't have stepped outside the routine!  I'll remember this for next time.  

It now looks like hair that my sis and I would make fun of.  It's what we would call Flock of Seagulls hair.  From The Wedding Singer: Airline Attendant - "You like Flock of Seagulls?" Robbie Hart (aka Adam Sandler) - "No, but I can tell you do!"  In fact, we just made fun of some guy at House of Tokyo because he had total Flock of Seagull hair.  I mean, it was WHOA Flock of Seagull hair (wish I had a picture of that).  So, my hair wasn't totally Flock of Seagulls, more like a skateboarding ramp.  There's always next time!

Happy Hairstyling!
--Am  

the true Flock of Seagulls hair - picture here
 
the skateboard ramp (please keep in mind that this was after a full day of work)
who am I kidding?  looks terrible!


5 comments:

  1. I can't believe u left the house with that! Lol I envy your confidence my friend! I have no doubt that u rocked it like a champ! Sarah steele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I tried! And I called myself out on it as soon as I got to work so no one was like, "she really thought that was cool!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess this really lets me know where my sense of fashion is at because I thought your hair was cool...Oh well. Adam's fashion ideas are always cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your blog postings crack me up, keep them coming! I can't believe you left the house either, you're braver than I am. Did you at least find an awesome outfit to match the tights?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I kept it simple with a black dress and yellow tank top peeking out for some color. Added a yellow flower ring and was set. Didn't want to be too outrageous!

    ReplyDelete