Thursday, April 21, 2011

How To Become an Auntie

On Wednesday, April 20, 2011, at 4:09 pm Chance David Goben was brought into this world! He weighed in at 8lbs 5oz, was 21 inches long, and had a full head of hair. Good thing he was delivered via c-section because my poor sister would have an aching va-jay-jay with a baby that big! Both he and mommy are doing well. We had the pleasure of meeting him at only 4 hours old. Wow, what a sight! You hear 8 pounds and think that's big for a baby, but it's still oh so small.

My parents, Al, and I arrived at 7, but they weren't ready for us to come up just yet. We met Tony's parents (Miche & Jeff) in the lobby, stopped by the cafeteria, and chatted for a bit. Around 7:45, we headed up to the "baby" floor and waited in that waiting room for a few minutes until Tony let us in. Once in the room, which is totally gorgeous and huge, we all oohed and aahed over the baby. My mom (to be called Amma, Icelandic for Grandma) was the first to hold him. He was then handed to Miche (Mimi), who was on cloud nine! I was next to hold the little nugget. I always get nervous about holding the head properly and all that good stuff, but I was fine. After me was Jeff (papaw, I think), then my Dad (Grandpa). My dad was a little nervous to hold him, so he sat on the couch to cuddle him. And finally, Alex got to hold him. I don't know what it was with the guys, but Al was also a little nervous to hold him. Must be because they are so little and they don't want to break the baby. Oh well, we all took turns (some even had a second turn) and gave him back. Mommy and Daddy were tired from the day's offerings, so we decided to head out. 
I'm so glad to have been a part of the big day and happy to be one of the first to see him! It makes me even more excited for the time Al and I are able to experience that. 

Happy babies!
--Am

baby Chance "stop with the flash"

with Auntie Amber

with Uncle Al

the happy fam: Chance, Emily, Tony

i couldn't resist--this is Lincoln the Lion

2 comments:

  1. Tony, Emily, & ChanceApril 22, 2011 at 10:28 AM

    We Are so blessed to have you Auntie Amber. Little Chance i'm sure is counting the minutes until your next visit. Thank you for being a part of the big day, we wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Lincoln has been watching over chance as he sleeps through the night (and day), thanks Amber. We love you. Tony, Emily,& Chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to be a part of his life! He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete