Tuesday, February 8, 2011

How To Cover Your Clothes in Animal Fur

No, I'm not talking about a fur coat made of minx, rabbit, or fox. I'm talking about a coat made of synthetic materials that is littered with domestic animal fur. This is really easy to do…just get three dogs and a cat. Really only one dog or one cat would suffice, as it just gets worse with multiples. Alex often complains about eating fur with every meal consumed at the breakfast bar. I can't disagree with him as the fur is EVERYWHERE! When we clean, the space is re-furred in ten minutes. It's hopeless.

Once it's in our living space, it's on our clothes and in our cars. It's probably all over my office and my coworkers and now their homes and our parents' homes and well, the world. Sorry to all of you for that!

No matter how much we vacuum the floors, wipe down the counters, or lint roll our jackets, it will never be fur-less. Here are some pics of my coat after it's been lint-rolled using at least four of the tapes:

up close and personal of the fur covered black jacket 

the back of the black jacket--see the little white lines? 
yep, that's the fur. 

sleeve with more fur

In case you can't see how bad it is, let me give you a little story. I was once at lunch at Pita Pit (yum) with my friend Leslie when the guy at the table next to us felt the need to interrupt our conversation. He stated his name as Jared and commented on Leslie's coloring and my earrings and outfit. While talking about my outfit, he mentioned my coat (which at this time was my long, three button, tie-around-the-waist, cobalt blue coat). It went something like this, "I just have to say that your outfit is great. The jacket, although it looks like you rolled around in dog hair in it, with the earrings, is just fabulous." He proceeded to give us the name of his friend's blog, to which he sometimes contributes (see circlecitystyle.blogspot.com). It was awesome how he called me out on my fur covered coat, and somehow managed to compliment me at the same time. 

However, it's still not enough for me to care to have it de-furred. I'm just too lazy for that, unless there's something really important I need to attend or there's someone I need to impress. That's not very often and not many people. Sorry if that offends anyone who sees my fur-ridden coat day after day.  

Furry tales to all!
--Am 

culprit #1: Hallie 

culprits #2, #3, & #4: (from left) Dodger, Daisie, and Diego

2 comments:

  1. They're all going straight to the pound this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stop it! Why would you say such a horrible thing? :(

    ReplyDelete